Asden House Best Practice for the Healthy Mouth!
- Brush x2 daily with fluoridated toothpaste.
- Make sure you are brushing towards the gums.
- Split don’t rinse after brushing
- Use floss or inter-dental brushes as well- your dentist/ hygienist can help you find the best option for yourself.
- Please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqCpZm6s_dE for a video tutorial
DID YOU KNOW : brushing last thing at night is the most important time of day to brush.
- Reduce the amount/frequency of daily sugar intake- maximum 4 sugar attacks daily.
- Try to have sugary foods/drinks with meals.
- For information regarding a well- balanced diet please visit: www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood
- Reduce alcohol intake to the following recommended levels:
- Men – 3 to 4 units per day
- Women -2 to 3 unit per day
- For more information please visit:
DID YOU KNOW: Acidic foods such as lemons, citrus juices, or soft fruit drinks can wear down your tooth enamel and lead to sensitivity and erosion?
- Smoking tobacco increases the risk of gum disease, reduces success of treatment, increases the chance of losing teeth and increases the risk of oral cancer – we encourage all our patients to stop smoking
- Other forms of tobacco such as betal nut, paan, guthka and sheesha/hookah can have increased risks
If you are interested in quitting please
http://www.nhs.uk/smokefree for tips, advice and help.
DID YOU KNOW: in an hour-long shisha session is estimated to be the equivalent of smoking between 100 and 200 cigarettes.
REMEMBER: You don’t have to brush all your teeth,
just the ones you want to keep!
For more information or if you have any questions regarding the above please speak with your dentist or dental hygienist/ therapist. All information taken from the Department of Health’s Delivering Better Oral Health: on evidence based toolkit for prevention ( Third Edition)